As you are aware, Sri Lanka is in a rather serious situation with COVID -19 right now. And no vaccines.Today the Sri Lanka Medical Association launched the SLMA COVID Sahana fund to collect funds for a variety of activities.
The objectives are:
1. To provide necessary support to healthcare institutions of the Ministry of Health, providing clinical care to COVID-19 patients
2. To provide education to the public on prevention and management of COVID-19 infection
3. To support the National Vaccination Programme to vaccinate 70% of the total population
4. To provide relief to Healthcare workers affected by COVID-19 infection
5. To support capacity building of healthcare staff on prevention and treatment
6. To provide financial assistance to children of families affected by COVID-19 long-term. Flyer is attached. More information on the initiative can be obtained via the following link;
Prof .Anoja Fernando.